Last night I hit the gym to do some cross training. I have to admit that I wasn’t really feeling it because I thought I should take a rest (and truthfully, my training schedule did have yesterday slotted as a rest day) but I really wanted to get out of the house. So I decided it was time to try out theTRX workout I came up with, but never got to several weeks ago. I partially completed it because I just wasn’t feeling it in my legs. And truthfully, it was really difficult to get through it using the Tabata app (Before I left home I decided that I didn’t need any “prep” time between Tabatas – wrong!) Also, I felt super uncomfortable because there were so many people at the TRX machine – was worried that I’d slip up and kick someone.
Anyway, instead of doing just 4 minutes, I did 1o and I infused some YOGA into the workout, along with Pilates. It was tough and I was sweating like a pig on a spit. When I completed that, I hopped on the old elliptical for twenty minutes of speed work. I put the Tabata app on and decided that for 20 seconds I would have to maintain a stride rate of at least 160 (which is harder than you think when the resistance is 16 and elevation is 14) and take 10 second breaks in between. I did this work out for a full ten minute cycle and then just regular elliptical at full speed for five minutes and really easy for another five. When done that I hopped onto the track and did some laps to finish things off. I ran about one lap and sprinted another 1.5 laps; I believe I did this about 10x. Give or take.
And that was that! Felt great to sweat and I was glad I had gone. Enjoyed switching things up. I couldn’t help but roar at this comic. This is why I make time to work out; when you put it into perspective, it doesn’t make much sense to do otherwise, eh?
Hope everyone is happy & healthy out there!
P.S: I’m still looking for sponsors for BAM Calgary – if you have even a dollar to give, please do so! 🙂
Well Good Morning folks!
Let me start off by saying that this morning I woke up, thought to myself, “no effing way am I running today. I’m sore. Didn’t sleep well. And I just don’t feel like it.”
And then I checked my email. Let’s just say there were several emails of encouragement – and this turned my mood around. And surprisingly, I had a few notifications on my Facebook page that I had some “likes”! Granted, I’m related to a few, but I didn’t solicit the support – I didn’t even send out invites to the page!! Thank you guys, for your support – you know who you are!
Pictured is my pre-run breakfast. Let me break it down for you:
- French pressed coffee (Tim Hortons coarse grinds today)
- My favourite mug that I made (It says “keep your hand on it” – which Mimi used to say & I thought it was funny; some may say it’s inappropriate, so it’s a good thing I don’t care what “some” say. 🙂
- My favourite water glass; also inappropriate. From the best pal in the world. It says “TGIF Mother F……” Again, I know this is offensive to some, but it makes me laugh and life’s too short not to laugh, right?!
- Steel-cut oatmeal with brown sugar and blueberries. I actually quite like it;the taste reminds me of blueberry pancakes. Y’all know I’m not a bullshitter and I’d tell you if it was gross – so give it a try!
- Third Eye Chakra by Full Moon Goddess (lol). Okay. Done laughing yet? I don’t usually believe in Hocus Pocus crap, but I picked this up at Planet Organic and I use it a lot. Yes, it makes me smell like I’m from BC, but ya know what? It works! (I’ll explain below)
So what the heck is Third Eye Chakra?
It claims to help with self-awareness, command, power, authority (and you would swear that Christian Grey developed this in his own creepy lab.) However, I just find it helps wake me up in the morning. You’re supposed to spray on eyes (not whilst open); pineal gland (though it’s spelled wrong on the bottle) and temples. I’ve used things like Caudalie Elixir (retails for $48) which is supposed to wake your skin up but let’s be serious, I’m not the 1% and $48 for some skin stuff is a little steep. Therefore, since the Chakra is like $10 and works just as well I’ll stick with it. Don’t believe me? Try it out! Like I said, this morning I had no energy to get up and get moving, now I’ve had my breakfast, sprayed me face – I’m ready to rock!
Hope everyone is well out there. Thanks for your support!