Yesterday morning I hit the gym bright and early so that I got training out of the way. I couldn’t believe how busy the gym was at 7 am… unreal! Kudos to all you dedicated people; getting up on a Saturday morning is tough!
So I did about 3.8 miles on the elliptical and then I hopped over to a new machine from Precor Adaptive Motion Trainer it was crazy! I had no idea that such a thing existed. It was kind of like walking on a bosu ball. It shows you how strong your stride is and they claim that it’s the only piece of cardio equipment you need. I thought it was totally tough. I was going pretty hard for ten minutes and I was finished with it (side note: old guy – CRANKY OLD GUY – was on the machine next to me.)
Here are some specifics about the machine (which I will definitely be trying out again):
- Adaptive motion: By allowing you to alter your motion at the slightest whim of your imagination, no two workouts have to feel the same. This keeps your mind engaged and your body torn between wanting to experiment with new movements and needing a second to catch your breath.
- Stride Dial: Evolve each of your workouts with the knowledge that every time you observe the AMT’s stride dial you’ll be getting a crash course in learning about the muscles of your body and how they respond to different movements
- Contralateral arm movement for natural motion: Arm and leg movements are coordinated, reflecting the way you naturally move through life.
- Dual-plane resistance refines workload: A patented system that applies resistance to both horizontal and vertical planes of motion, adding yet another dimension for you to customize your workout.
- 0- to 27-inch stride length provides unlimited variation: Choose your movement and change it as often as your heart and mind desire. Adaptive motion helps create new possibilities and rewards.
- Stride Dial tracks muscle engagement: Monitoring your motion in real-time, you get instant feedback on how your muscles respond to different movements.
- Dual action provides both upper and lower body workout: Arms are engaged with pushing and pulling motion to provide the ultimate in total body engagement.
- Bio-feedback center with SmartRate provides dedicated feedback on heart rate and calories. SmartRate shows your heart rate in relation to the target zone for weight loss and cardio training.
- Numeric keypad makes data entry and Cardio Theater control easy
- Tap Control provides satisfying tactile and audible click so you feel confident and safe operating the product
- Heart rate monitoring and compatibility with heart rate telemetry reading using an optional chest strap
- Accessory holders for water bottle, portable music, reading material and more
- Two-step powder-coating process applies rust-resistant undercoat and cosmetic topcoat to steel frame
- QuickStart lets you begin workout with the push of a single button
- Enjoy integrated entertainment: An optional Cardio Theater personal viewing screen can be integrated into the console, providing you with entertainment options while keeping you moving in the correct biomechanic position.
I was a little concerned that I would be sore from pushing so hard, but had no problems this morning. If you have the opportunity to try this out – go for it. It’s on my “home gym” purchase list.