I was nominated for “A Very Inspiring Blogger Award” by the one and only Runninbear, author of A Running Reminder; to say I’m truly humbled is a complete understatement. Thank you for thinking of me and acknowledging my carryon 🙂 I’m excited to share what I’m doing, but far more thrilled to see what everyone else gets up to. Truthfully, so I can breath a sigh of relief and think: “Thank G I’m not the only one!” (e.g.: potty breaks before, during, after a run 😉
As an award recipient, there are rules to follow. They are:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven things about me:
(1) I took Gaelic lessons as a kid. That’s right. I can’t really remember a thing from it, other than the usual words people can pick up from YouTube or listening to the Rankins. But I did the classes with my best pal (Catriona) and I know we had lots of giggles (especially at the expense of our instructor). We were certainly the youngest in the class; I can’t remember how old we were but there had to have been at least a twenty year age gap between us and the rest of the students. We were awesome.
(2) I love smelly cheese. I have to thank Uncle Bob for introducing me to the cheeses of the world. When I lived in New York, I’d spend weekends with my Aunt and Uncle in Connecticut (thankfully) where I was spoiled with terrific food and of course, wine & cheese. Since then, I search high and low in every deli department looking for the perfect cheese to enjoy whilst having a glass (or several) of red 🙂
(3) Fact: I am going to marry someone I met on a blind date.
(4) I had a serious infection in my leg in 2009 in which I had to carry around an IV in a fanny pack. It was gross and I have a hole in my leg + scar to prove it.
(5) I have a serious potty mouth. You know those swear jars? I figure I can pay for Felix to go to University some day. Every day I say I’ll stop cussing and I’m pretty good not to, and then I relapse. I can’t even blame my parents because they don’t curse! Where did I learn this from?!
(6) I believe in mediums but don’t get numerology. But I am too scared to go to one; especially since I played Ouija with my sister and her asshole friends when I was little and they told me I was going to die young.
(7) I always wanted to be a lawyer and probably should have been. But I’m too old to go back to school.
Here are my nominations. Most of you I’ve connected with here and others, I’ve just followed along quietly (which is a surprise…) I just wanted to quickly remind you of why I think you have an inspiring blog and why you are awesome.
http://girlwritingstuff.wordpress.com – You’re amazing. Living on another continent and doing what you want to do.
therunningn00b.wordpress.com – Love seeing you knock your 5k off the list and can’t wait to see you kill the rest!
http://laughingstarsong.wordpress.com – Keep it up – your first post is a terrific start and I hope you’ll stick with it!
http://awindowofwisdom.wordpress.com – Your blog is an inspiration to everyone. I am always in awe of your truth and how you share with others. Thank you.
http://travelgardeneat.wordpress.com – Your posts about food make my mouth water; weekly reflection of gratitude makes me think and I hope that the rules for this aren’t too much because I just wanted to share! 🙂
http://hemingwayrun.wordpress.com – In which I laugh hysterically at your posts, daily. Thank you. Laughter is the best medicine.
http://tinkerbellproject.com/ – People don’t realize that you can make your own happiness. Love your blog.
http://kisstheearth.wordpress.com/ – I love living vicariously through your travels. I thought moving 5000km from home was a big deal, let alone TO to AUS! 🙂
http://prairierunner.wordpress.com/ – I just love your blog. Period. And you’re right on my doorstep 🙂
http://fattorunnergirl.wordpress.com/ – Keep blogging about your journey because we need to stick together!
http://rtmillarholdingsinc.wordpress.com/ – Because you trekked to base camp mount everest to raise awareness and funds for Sir Edmund Hillary Foundation.
http://jbournesblog.wordpress.com – Your blog is inspiring because I grew up with a close friend who has faced many of the same challenges and it would have helped her years ago…
http://spinabifidamom.com – So glad I found your blog and I’m happy to share it.
http://confessionsofastrugglingmom.wordpress.com – There’s nothing harder than losing weight. Your blog is a complete inspiration!
http://cbtriathlon.wordpress.com/ – Love seeing what everyone is up to – inspires me to some day want to do a triathlon… even though I hate biking. 🙂